Java Developer, Artificial Intelligence Operations, Mid-level
Java Developer, Artificial Intelligence Operations, Mid-Level (AIOPS)
We have an exciting opportunity for a mid-level Java developer with a flair for systems integration and monitoring, to join a super-smart product development team, working on the ongoing development and maintenance of a next-generation AIOPS (Artificial Intelligence Operations) platform for enterprise data.
You will work closely with the product team on the data source integration aspects of the Machine Learning AIOPS system, alongside other experienced developers, and architects.
There will be a requirement to be in the office 1-2 days per week (close to London Waterloo), and for the rest of the time, the job can be completed remotely.
As well as a competitive salary, there are extensive benefits including private health, holiday bonus and yearly company bonus to mention a few. The company is undergoing rapid growth, has a global footprint, excellent employee and customer reviews, and is looking forward to a bright future.
- 3+ years of software development experience in commercial or enterprise applications.
- 2+ years of full-time Java development
- Familiar with test frameworks (e.g JUnit)
- Strong understanding of REST and microservices
- Ability to quickly develop competencies in numerous technologies (i.e. you can learn quickly!)
- Ability to work with a development team and develop strong, reliable, and effective relationships with team members
- Excellent in communication (written and verbal) and collaboration with other functional teams (Support Engineering, Tools, Product, etc.).
- Familiarity with SOLID principles and Clean Code practices
- Understanding of monitoring tools such as LogicMonitor, Solarwinds, MS Operations Centre
- Understanding of protocols such as SNMP, TCP/IP, HTTP etc.
- Understanding of data collection technologies (e.g. Telegraf, collectd, FluentD, Netflow, Logstash, etc.)
- Degree or higher in computing or related field
- Experience with the Apache Flume framework
- Experience programming with Kotlin
- Experience programming with C# .NET
- Experience with package management tools such as RPM, dpkg
- Knowledge of NoSQL database technologies such as HBase
- Knowledge of event streaming technologies such as Kafka