We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Java developer with strong Scala coding skills, to join a super-smart product development team, working on the ongoing development and maintenance of a next-generation AIOPS (Artificial Intelligence Operations) platform for enterprise data.
You will work closely with the product team, alongside other experienced developers, and architects, by maintaining a robust data pipeline for the ingestion of customer data sources into the Machine Learning AIOPS system,
There will be a requirement to be in the office 1-2 days per week (close to London Waterloo), and for the rest of the time, the job can be completed remotely.
As well as a competitive salary, there are extensive benefits including private health, holiday bonus and yearly company bonus to mention a few. The company is undergoing rapid growth, has a global footprint, excellent employee and customer reviews, and is looking forward to a bright future.
- 6+ years of software development experience in commercial or enterprise applications
- 4+ years of full-time Java development
- Experience programming with Kotlin and/or Scala
- Experience in building and scaling machine learning applications
- Familiar with Test frameworks (e.g JUnit)
- Degree or higher in computer science or related field
- Strong understanding of REST and microservices
- Ability to quickly develop competencies in numerous technologies (i.e. you can learn quickly!)
- Ability to work with a development team and develop strong, reliable, and effective relationships with team members
- Excellent in communication (written and verbal) and collaboration with other functional teams (Support Engineering, Tools, Product, etc.).
- Familiarity with SOLID principles and Clean Code practices
- Experience with the Apache Spark framework
- Experience working with NoSQL database technologies such as HBase
- Experience working with event streaming technologies such as Kafka
- Familiarity with cloud provider services and APIs eg AWS, GCP etc.
- Familiarity with container technology (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Familiarity with Unix/Linux
- Familiarity with the HPE Ezmeral software platform (MapR)